DsmbISP Chapter 3 – CCNA Discovery: Working at a Small-to-Medium Business or ISP (Version 4.1)
1. Which type of cable has a solid copper core with several protective layers including PVC, braided wire shielding, and a plastic covering?
2. What is the benefit for a company to use an ISR router?
An ISR provides the functionality of a switch, router, and firewall in one device.
ISRs use a PC operating system for routing traffic, thus simplifying configuration and management.
An ISR is immune to security attacks by hackers and so replaces all other network security measures.
ISRs make routing decisions at OSI Layer 7, thus providing more intelligence to the network than do other routers.
3. It is said that the goal for availability of a communications system is "five-9s". What is meant by this?
A down time of .00001% is unacceptable.
A network needs to be available 99.999% of the time.
Five percent of all network expense covers 99% of user requirements.
The most critical time for network availability is from 9:00 to 5:00 p.m. five days a week.
The best time to do maintenance on a network is from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 a.m. five days a week.
4. Which device has the ability to break up broadcast and collision domains?
5. Which two types of cable are used for initial router configuration? (Choose two.)
6. Which three items are typically found in an MDF? (Choose three.)
switches and routers
network equipment racks
the point of presence
7. A client requires a networking device that is capable of expansion to suit growing network demands. What type of device will suit this requirement?
a networking device with ports that can be activated and deactivated
a networking device with a modular physical configuration
a networking device with the ability to be turned off remotely
a networking device with a cost per port that is as high as possible
8. Which three issues should be noted on the technician’s site survey report? (Choose three.)
only two power outlets per wall in each room
poor physical security of network devices
horizontal cabling runs under 100 meters
lack of UPS for critical devices
two users sharing the same computer
9. In addition to the inventory sheet, what other information about the hosts and networking equipment should be documented by the on-site technician while performing the site survey?
any obsolete office equipment being stored
all product keys for site license software
any planned growth anticipated in the near future
the memory requirements for installed application software
10. A manufacturing company is in the process of a network upgrade. Which two statements are true about the phases of the upgrade process? (Choose two.)
Phase 1 is used to determine network requirements.
Phase 2 includes creating an analysis report.
Phase 3 is based on an implementation schedule that allows extra time for unexpected events.
Phase 4 is where prototypes are created and tested.
Phase 5 includes identifying and addressing any weaknesses in the design.
11. What does the use of redundant network components supply to a network?
Refer to the exhibit. What type of device is used to connect two networks?
13. What are two advantages of having ISP-managed services? (Choose two.)
does not require leasing costs for service
can guarantee up to 99.999% availability
eliminates the need for data backup
increases availability of help desk services
does not require a Service Level Agreement
14. Which two benefits can be gained by locating network equipment in a telecommunications closet, rather than in a user area? (Choose two.)
faster communication speeds
improved physical security
more resistant to hacker attempts
centralized cable management
less electrical usage
15. What is the term for the location at the customer premise where the customer network physically connects to the Internet through a telecommunications service provider?
point of presence
network distribution facility
intermediate distribution frame
16. What must be added when a network expands beyond the coverage area of the current telecommunications room?
17. What three things are included in a logical topology document? (Choose three.)
the location of cables, computers, and other peripherals
the path that the data takes through a network
the wireless signal coverage area
the wiring closet and access point locations
the device names and Layer 3 addressing information
the location of routing, network address translation, and firewall filtering
18. When designing a network upgrade, which two tasks should the onsite technician perform? (Choose two.)
configure the servers and routers prior to delivery
upgrade the network operating system and all client operating systems
investigate and document the physical layout of the premises
document the final design for approval by the customer
perform a site survey to document the existing network structure
19. In what two ways will entering into a managed service agreement with an ISP for a network upgrade affect the costs that are incurred by the customer? (Choose two.)
Customer IT training costs will increase to enable operation of the new equipment.
The cost of hardware repairs and support will become the responsibility of the customer.
Network upgrade and maintenance costs will become predictable.
Staffing costs will increase because the customer will need to hire additional IT staff to complete the upgrade.
The company will not need to spend a large amount of money to purchase the equipment upfront.
Refer to the exhibit. Which type of twisted pair cable is used between each device?
A=console, B=straight, C=crossover, D= crossover, E=straight
A=straight, B=straight, C=straight, D=crossover, E=console
A=crossover, B=straight, C=straight, D=crossover, E=crossover
A=console, B=straight, C=straight, D=crossover, E=crossover
A=console, B=crossover, C=crossover, D=straight, E=straight
21. Why is it important to review the results of an on-site survey report with the customer before beginning the network design?
to inform the customer of how much time the upgrade will take
to discuss the implementation schedule for the new equipment
to verify that the report accurately describes the current network and any plans for expansion
to layout the new network design and discuss possible equipment upgrades and replacementsccna discovery 2 chapter 3, it is said that the goal for availability of a communications system is five-9s what is meant by this?, Which three items are typically found in an MDF? (Choose three ), Refer to the exhibit Which type of twisted pair cable is used between each device?, which device has the ability to break up broadcast and collision domains?, ccna discovery 2 chapter 3 answers, ccna 2 chapter 3 answers 2012, ccna discovery 2 chapter 3 v4 1 answers, What three things are included in a logical topology document? (Choose three ), Discovery 2 chapter 3