DRSEnt Chapter 4 – CCNA Discovery: Introducing Routing and Switching in the Enterprise (Version 4.0)
1. What are two benefits of implementing a VLSM addressing scheme? (Choose two.)
allows efficient use of address space
supports hierarchical addressing capability
supports only one subnet mask length throughout the entire network
allows efficient use of larger routing tables to eliminate the need for route summarization
solves the problem of discontiguous networks with classful routing protocols
2. When running NAT, what is the purpose of address overloading?
limit the number of hosts that can connect to the WAN
allow multiple inside addresses to share a single global address
force hosts to wait for an available address
allow an outside host to share inside global addresses
DRSEnt Chapter 3 – CCNA Discovery: Introducing Routing and Switching in the Enterprise (Version 4.0)
1. Which statement describes a difference between STP and RSTP?
RSTP is proprietary while STP is defined by IEEE.
RSTP defines four port states while STP defines five port states.
When a topology changes, RSTP reconfigures the spanning tree in less than 1 second.
STP is more commonly used in large switched enterprise networks that require faster recovery.
2. In an enterprise network, why would voice traffic typically require a dedicated VLAN?
It guarantees end-to-end delivery for voice traffic.
It guarantees higher bandwidth for voice traffic.
It separates voice traffic from data traffic so data traffic does not impact voice traffic.
It provides backup support for voice traffic because voice traffic is more critical than data traffic.
DRSEnt Chapter 2 – CCNA Discovery: Introducing Routing and Switching in the Enterprise (Version 4.0)
1. Which two router parameters can be set from interface configuration mode? (Choose two.)
enable secret password
2. An investment company has multiple servers that hold mission critical data. They are worried that if something happens to these servers, they will lose this valuable information. Which type of plan is needed for this company to help minimize loss in the event of a server crash?
service level agreement
DRSEnt Chapter 1 – CCNA Discovery: Introducing Routing and Switching in the Enterprise (Version 4.0)
1. The ABC Corporation implements the network for its new headquarters using the Cisco Enterprise Architecture. The network administrator wants to filter the traffic from and to the outside world. Where should the administrator deploy a firewall device?
service provider edge
2. How does a VPN work to support remote user productivity?
It uses SSL to encrypt remote user logins to the corporate intranet.
It uses secure Telnet for remote user connections to internal network devices.
It creates a virtual circuit that allows real-time communications between any two Internet endpoints.
It uses encapsulation to create a secure tunnel for transmission of data across non-secure networks.
DsmbISP Final Exam – CCNA Discovery: Working at a Small-to-Medium Business or ISP (Version 4.1)
1. Which statement is true about FTP implementations?
The protocol interpreter (PI) function engages once the data transfer process (DTP) function is complete.
The DTP function is responsible for the login sequence.
FTP requires two connections, one for control and one for data.
Both the PI and the DTP close automatically when the transfer is complete.
2. A user is able to ping an FTP server across a WAN but is unable to download files from the server. What should be checked to resolve this problem?
the NIC drivers
the IP configuration
the LED status of the NIC