1. If a network has converged, what is true about the link-state database held by each router in the same OSPF area?
Each router has a link-state database containing the same status information.
Each router has a different link-state database depending on its position within the network.
The link-state database is stored in a designated router and is accessed by each router in the area as needed.
The link-state database in each router only contains information about adjacent routers and the status of their links.
2. What is always required for OSPF routers to share routing information?
a backup designated router
an NBMA network topology
links that are configured on the 220.127.116.11 network
Refer to the exhibit. The routers are configured with EIGRP and with default K values. What is the routing path for a packet from network A to reach network B?
R1, R2, R5
R1, R3, R5
R1, R2, R3, R5
R1, R2, R4, R5
R1, R3, R2, R5
R1, R3, R2, R4, R5
DRSEnt Chapter 4 – CCNA Discovery: Introducing Routing and Switching in the Enterprise (Version 4.0)
1. What are two benefits of implementing a VLSM addressing scheme? (Choose two.)
allows efficient use of address space
supports hierarchical addressing capability
supports only one subnet mask length throughout the entire network
allows efficient use of larger routing tables to eliminate the need for route summarization
solves the problem of discontiguous networks with classful routing protocols
2. When running NAT, what is the purpose of address overloading?
limit the number of hosts that can connect to the WAN
allow multiple inside addresses to share a single global address
force hosts to wait for an available address
allow an outside host to share inside global addresses
DRSEnt Chapter 3 – CCNA Discovery: Introducing Routing and Switching in the Enterprise (Version 4.0)
1. Which statement describes a difference between STP and RSTP?
RSTP is proprietary while STP is defined by IEEE.
RSTP defines four port states while STP defines five port states.
When a topology changes, RSTP reconfigures the spanning tree in less than 1 second.
STP is more commonly used in large switched enterprise networks that require faster recovery.
2. In an enterprise network, why would voice traffic typically require a dedicated VLAN?
It guarantees end-to-end delivery for voice traffic.
It guarantees higher bandwidth for voice traffic.
It separates voice traffic from data traffic so data traffic does not impact voice traffic.
It provides backup support for voice traffic because voice traffic is more critical than data traffic.
DRSEnt Chapter 2 – CCNA Discovery: Introducing Routing and Switching in the Enterprise (Version 4.0)
1. Which two router parameters can be set from interface configuration mode? (Choose two.)
enable secret password
2. An investment company has multiple servers that hold mission critical data. They are worried that if something happens to these servers, they will lose this valuable information. Which type of plan is needed for this company to help minimize loss in the event of a server crash?
service level agreement