Refer to the exhibit. R1 and R2 are connected via serial interfaces. Both interfaces show that there is Layer 2 connectivity between them. The administrator verifies that CDP is operational; however, pings between the two interfaces are unsuccessful. What is the cause of this connectivity problem?
no set loopback
incorrect subnet mask on R2
incorrect IP address on R1
2. What are two benefits of using ACLs? (Choose two.)
They provide IP filtering.
They reduce the processing load on the router.
They simplify the configuration of inter-VLAN routing.
They prevent routing loops and facilitate convergence.
They identify traffic for multiple uses such as QoS and NAT.
1. An employee called the help desk to report a laptop that could not access a web-based application on the Internet. The help desk technician asked the employee to open a Windows command prompt and type the ipconfig /all command. Which problem-solving technique did the technician choose?
Refer to the exhibit. Given the output generated by the debug ppp negotiation command, which statement is true?
The line protocol of the local router is now up.
The hostname of the local router is Goleta.
The command ppp authentication pap is configured on both routers.
The local router requested to terminate the session.
1. Which wildcard mask would match the host range for the subnet 184.108.40.206 /27?
Refer to the exhibit. The new security policy for the company allows all IP traffic from the Engineering LAN to the Internet while only web traffic from the Marketing LAN is allowed to the Internet. Which ACL can be applied in the outbound direction of Serial 0/1 on the Marketing router to implement the new security policy?
access-list 197 permit ip 192.0.2.0 0.0.0.255 any
access-list 197 permit ip 198.18.112.0 0.0.0.255 any eq www
access-list 165 permit ip 192.0.2.0 0.0.0.255 any
access-list 165 permit tcp 198.18.112.0 0.0.0.255 any eq www
access-list 165 permit ip any any
access-list 137 permit ip 192.0.2.0 0.0.0.255 any
access-list 137 permit tcp 198.18.112.0 0.0.0.255 any eq www
access-list 89 permit 192.0.2.0 0.0.0.255 any
access-list 89 permit tcp 198.18.112.0 0.0.0.255 any eq www
1. Why are Network Control Protocols used in PPP?
to establish and terminate data links
to provide authentication capabilities to PPP
to manage network congestion and to allow quality testing of the link
to allow multiple Layer 3 protocols to operate over the same physical link
2. What is the data transmission rate for the DS0 standard?
1. If a network has converged, what is true about the link-state database held by each router in the same OSPF area?
Each router has a link-state database containing the same status information.
Each router has a different link-state database depending on its position within the network.
The link-state database is stored in a designated router and is accessed by each router in the area as needed.
The link-state database in each router only contains information about adjacent routers and the status of their links.
2. What is always required for OSPF routers to share routing information?
a backup designated router
an NBMA network topology
links that are configured on the 220.127.116.11 network