1. Which Frame Relay flow control mechanism is used to signal routers that they should reduce the flow rate of frames?
2. An administrator is configuring a dual stack router with IPv6 and IPv4 using RIPng. The administrator receives an error message when trying to enter the IPv4 routes into RIPng. What is the cause of the problem?
When IPv4 and IPv6 are configured on the same interface, all IPv4 addresses are over-written in favor of the newer technology.
Incorrect IPv4 addresses are entered on the router interfaces.
RIPng is incompatible with dual-stack technology.
IPv4 is incompatible with RIPng.
3. Which data link layer encapsulation protocol is used by default for serial connections between two Cisco routers?
4. An administrator issues the command confreg 0×2142 at the rommon 1> prompt. What is the effect when this router is rebooted?
Contents in RAM will be erased.
Contents in RAM will be ignored.
Contents in NVRAM will be erased.
Contents in NVRAM will be ignored.
5. Which type of network attack exploits vulnerabilities in the compromised system with the intent of propagating itself across a network?
6. Which important piece of troubleshooting information can be discovered about a serial interface using the show controllers command?
serial cable type
interface IP address
Refer to the exhibit. Which statement is true about the Frame Relay connection?
The Frame Relay connection is in the process of negotiation.
A congestion control mechanism is enabled on the Frame Relay connection.
The “ACTIVE” status of the Frame Relay connection indicates that the network is experiencing congestion.
Only control FECN and BECN bits are sent over the Frame Relay connection. No data traffic traverses the link.
Refer to the exhibit. Computers on the internal network need access to all servers in the external network. The only traffic that is permitted from the external network must be responses to requests that are initiated on the internal network. Which security measure would satisfy this requirement?
a numbered extended ACL
a named standard ACL
a reflexive ACL
a dynamic ACL
9. A network administrator has moved the company intranet web server from a switch port to a dedicated router interface. How can the administrator determine how this change has affected performance and availability on the company intranet?
Conduct a performance test and compare with the baseline that was established previously.
Determine performance on the intranet by monitoring load times of company web pages from remote sites.
Interview departmental administrative assistants and determine if they think load time for web pages has improved.
Compare the hit counts on the company web server for the current week to the values that were recorded in previous weeks.
10. Which option correctly defines the capacity through the local loop guaranteed to a customer by the service provider?
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is attempting to configure a Frame Relay network. The administrator enters the commands as shown in the exhibit on R2, but the Frame Relay PVCs are inactive. What is the problem?
The incorrect DLCI numbers are being configured on R2.
The S0/0/0 interface on R2 needs to be point-to-point.
The frame-relay map commands are missing the cisco keyword at the end.
A single router interface cannot connect to more than one Frame Relay peer at a time.
12. A DHCP server is configured with a block of excluded addresses. What two devices would be assigned static addresses from the excluded address range? (Choose two.)
a protocol analyzer
DNS server for the network
network printer that is used by many different users
a laptop that will get a different address each time it boots up
Refer to the exhibit. WestSW is supposed to send VLAN information to EastSW, but that did not occur. What will force WestSW to send a VLAN update to EastSW?
Change EastSW to be a VTP server.
Reload both WestSW and EastSW at the same time.
Erase the VLAN database on EastSW and reload the switch.
Reset the configuration revision number on EastSW to zero.
Refer to the exhibit. The corporate network that is shown has been assigned network 172.16.128.0/19 for use at branch office LANs. If VLSM is used, what mask should be used for addressing hosts at Branch4 with minimal waste from unused addresses?
15. Which configuration on the vty lines provides the best security measure for network administrators to remotely access the core routers at headquarters?
Refer to the exhibit. In the partial router configuration that is shown, what is the purpose of access list BLOCK_XYZ?
to prevent source IP address spoofing by hosts on the Fa0/0 LAN
to block access by Fa0/0 LAN hosts to all network services beyond the router
to prevent users on the Fa0/0 LAN from opening Telnet sessions on the router
to secure Fa0/0 hosts by allowing only locally sourced traffic into the Fa0/0 LAN
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator notices that three VLANs created on SW1 do not show in SW3. Based on output from the show vtp status and show running-config commands, what is the cause of the problem in the SW3 configuration?
VTP version 2 is disabled.
The VTP mode is misconfigured.
The configure revision number for VTP does not match.
Trunk mode is not configured on FastEthernet 0/1 and 0/2.
Refer to the exhibit. What statement is true about the core router devices?
They use multiport internetworking devices to switch traffic such as Frame Relay, ATM, or X.25 over the WAN.
They provide internetworking and WAN access interface ports that are used to connect to the service provider network.
They provide termination for the digital signal and ensure connection integrity through error correction and line monitoring.
They support multiple telecommunications interfaces of the highest speed and are able to forward IP packets at full speed on all of those interfaces.
19. When would the multipoint keyword be used in Frame Relay PVCs configuration?
when global DLCIs are in use
when using physical interfaces
when multicasts must be supported
when participating routers are in the same subnet
20. A light manufacturing company wishes to replace its DSL service with a non-line-of-sight broadband wireless solution that offers comparable speeds. Which solution should the customer choose?
Refer to the exhibit. Which configuration command would result in the output in the exhibit?
ip nat inside source static 10.1.200.254 172.16.76.3
ip nat inside source static 10.1.200.254 192.168.0.10
ip nat inside source static 172.16.76.3 10.1.200.254
ip nat inside source static 172.16.76.3 192.168.0.10
ip nat inside source static 192.168.0.10 172.16.76.3
ip nat inside source static 192.168.0.10 10.1.200.254
22. A recently patched application server is experiencing response time problems. The network on which the application server is located has been experiencing occasional outages that the network team believes may be related to recent routing changes. Network and application teams have been notified to work on their respective issues. Which statement applies to this situation?
Only results from the software package should be tested as the network is designed to accommodate the proposed software platform.
Scheduling will be easy if the network and software teams work independently.
It will be difficult to isolate the problem if two teams are implementing changes independently.
Results from changes will be easier to reconcile and document if each team works in isolation.
23. A network technician wants to implement SSH as the means by which a router may be managed remotely. What are two procedures that the technician should use to successfully complete this task? (Choose two.)
Configure the login banner.
Define the asymmetrical keys.
Configure the console password.
Enter the service password-encryption command.
24. What are the symptoms when the s0/0/0 interface on a router is attached to an operational CSU/DSU that is generating a clock signal, but the far end router on the point-to-point link has not been activated?
show controllers indicates cable type DCE V.35. show interfaces s0/0/0 indicates serial down, line protocol down.
show controllers indicates cable type DCE V.35. show interfaces s0/0/0 indicates serial up, line protocol down.
show controllers indicates cable type DTE V.35. show interfaces s0/0/0 indicates serial up, line protocol down.
show controllers indicates cable type DTE V.35. show interfaces s0/0/0 indicates serial down, line protocol down.
25. Which statement is true about PAP in the authentication of a PPP session?
PAP uses a two-way handshake.
The password is unique and random.
PAP conducts periodic password challenges.
PAP uses MD5 hashing to keep the password secure.
26. Which characteristic of VPN technology prevents the contents of data communications from being read by unauthorized parties?
27. Which address provides an example of an IPv6 link-local address?
28. What major benefit does Cisco HDLC provide that ISO standard HDLC lacks?
cyclic redundancy checks
29. What will be the result of adding the command ip dhcp excluded-address 192.168.24.1 192.168.24.5 to the configuration of a local router that has been configured as a DHCP server?
Traffic that is destined for 192.168.24.1 and 192.168.24.5 will be dropped by the router.
Traffic will not be routed from clients with addresses between 192.168.24.1 and 192.168.24.5.
The DHCP server will not issue the addresses ranging from 192.168.24.1 to 192.168.24.5.
The router will ignore all traffic that comes from the DHCP servers with addresses 192.168.24.1 and 192.168.24.5.
30. What is the result when the command permit tcp 10.25.132.0 0.0.0.255 any eq smtp is added to a named access control list and applied on the inbound interface of a router?
TCP traffic with a destination to the 10.25.132.0/24 is permitted.
Only Telnet traffic is permitted to the 10.24.132.0/24 network
Ttraffic from 10.25.132.0/24 is permitted to anywhere on using any port.
Traffic using port 25 from the 10.25.132.0/24 is permitted to all destinations.
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator has issued the commands that are shown on Router1 and Router2. A later review of the routing tables reveals that neither router is learning the LAN network of the neighbor router. What is most likely the problem with the RIPng configuration?
The serial interfaces are in different subnets.
The RIPng process is not enabled on interfaces.
The RIPng network command is not configured.
The RIPng processes do not match between Router1 and Router2.
Refer to the exhibit. Results of the show vlan and show vtp status commands for switches S1 and S2 are displayed in the exhibit. VLAN 11 was created on S1. Why is VLAN 11 missing from S2?
There is a Layer 2 loop.
The VTP domain names do not match.
Only one switch can be in server mode.
S2 has a higher spanning-tree priority for VLAN 11 than S1 does.
33. At what physical location does the responsibilty for a WAN connection change from the user to the service provider?
demilitarized zone (DMZ)
34. Which IP address and wildcard mask would be used in an ACL to block traffic from all hosts on the same subnet as host 192.168.16.43/28?
access-list 10 deny 192.168.16.0 0.0.0.31
access-list 10 deny 192.168.16.16 0.0.0.31
access-list 10 deny 192.168.16.32 0.0.0.16
access-list 10 deny 192.168.16.32 0.0.0.15
access-list 10 deny 192.168.16.43 0.0.0.16
35. Which statement is true about wildcard masks?
Inverting the subnet mask will always create the wildcard mask.
The wildcard mask performs the same function as a subnet mask.
A network or subnet bit is identified by a "1" in the wildcard mask.
IP address bits that must be checked are identified by a "0" in the wildcard mask.
36. A company has its headquarters office in Dallas and five branch offices located in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, and Atlanta. WAN links are used for communications among offices in six sites. In planning the WAN links, the network designer is given two requirements: (1) minimize cost and (2) provide a certain level of WAN link reliability with redundant links. Which topology should the network designer recommend?
Refer to the exhibit. Partial results of the show access-lists and show ip interface FastEthernet 0/1 commands for router Router1 are shown. There are no other ACLs in effect. Host A is unable to telnet to host B. Which action will correct the problem but still restrict other traffic between the two networks?
Apply the ACL in the inbound direction.
Apply the ACL on the FastEthernet 0/0 interface.
Reverse the order of the TCP protocol statements in the ACL.
Modify the second entry in the list to permit tcp host 172.16.10.10 any eq telnet.
38. A company is looking for a WAN solution to connect its headquarters site to four remote sites. What are two advantages that dedicated leased lines provide compared to a shared Frame Relay solution? (Choose two.)
the ability to burst above guaranteed bandwidth
the ability to borrow unused bandwidth from the leased lines of other customers
39. Which combination of Layer 2 protocol and authentication should be used to establish a link without sending authentication information in plain text between a Cisco and a non-Cisco router?
PPP with PAP
PPP with CHAP
HDLC with PAP
HDLC with CHAP
40. An administrator is unable to receive e-mail. While troubleshooting the problem, the administrator is able to ping the local mail server IP address successfully from a remote network and can successfully resolve the mail server name to an IP address via the use of the nslookup command. At what OSI layer is the problem most likely to be found?
data link layer
41. What are two main components of data confidentiality? (Choose two.)
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is trying to backup the IOS software on R1 to the TFTP server. He receives the error message that is shown in the exhibit, and cannot ping the TFTP server from R1. What is an action that can help to isolate this problem?
Use correct source file name in the command.
Verify that the TFTP server software is running.
Make sure that there is enough room on the TFTP server for the backup.
Check that R1 has a route to the network where the TFTP server resides.
43. When NAT is in use, what is used to determine the addresses that can be translated on a Cisco router?
access control list
Refer to the exhibit. All devices are configured as shown in the exhibit. PC1 is unable to ping the default gateway. What is the cause of the problem?
The default gateway is in the wrong subnet.
STP has blocked the port that PC1 is connected to.
Port Fa0/2 on S2 is assigned to the wrong VLAN.
S2 has the wrong IP address assigned to the VLAN30 interface.
45. Which option represents a best practice for applying ACLs?
Named ACLs are less efficient than numbered ACLs.
Standard ACLs should be applied inside the core layer.
ACLs applied to outbound interfaces use fewer router resources.
Extended ACLs should be applied closest to the source that is specified by the ACL.
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is tasked with completing the Frame Relay topology that interconnects two remote sites. How should the point-to-point subinterfaces be configured on HQ to complete the topology?
frame-relay interface-dlci 103 on Serial 0/0/0.1
frame-relay interface-dlci 203 on Serial 0/0/0.2
frame-relay interface-dlci 301 on Serial 0/0/0.1
frame-relay interface-dlci 302 on Serial 0/0/0.2
frame-relay map ip 192.168.1.1 103 broadcast on Serial 0/0/0.1
frame-relay map ip 192.168.2.2 203 broadcast on Serial 0/0/0.2
frame-relay map ip 192.168.1.1 301 broadcast on Serial 0/0/0.1
frame-relay map ip 192.168.2.2 302 broadcast on Serial 0/0/0.2
Refer to the exhibit. How is the TCP/IP configuration information specified by the default-router and dns-server commands made available?
The TCP/IP information is forwarded to a 10.0.1.3 to be supplied to DHCP clients.
The TCP/IP information is used by DNS clients to forward all data to the default gateway on R1 of 10.0.1.3.
The TCP/IP information is supplied to any DHCP client on the network connected to the FastEthernet 0/0 interface of R1.
The TCP/IP information is applied to each packet that enters R1 through the FastEthernet 0/0 interface that are hosts on the 10.0.1.0 /24 network except packets from addresses 10.0.1.2, 10.0.1.16, and 10.0.1.254.
Refer to the exhibit. Based on the output as shown, which two statements correctly define how the router will treat Telnet traffic that comes into interface FastEthernet 0/1? (Choose two).
Telnet to 172.16.10.0/24 is denied.
Telnet to 172.16.20.0/24 is denied.
Telnet to 172.16.0.0/24 is permitted.
Telnet to 172.16.10.0/24 is permitted.
Telnet to 172.16.20.0/24 is permitted.
49. While troubleshooting a PPP link that uses PAP authentication, a network administrator notices an incorrectly configured password in the running configuration. The administrator corrects the error by entering the command ppp pap sent-username ROUTER_NAME password NEW_PASSWORD, but the link still does not come up.
Assuming that the rest of the configuration is correct and that the link has no physical layer problems, what should the administrator do?
Save the configuration to NVRAM.
Shut down the interface then re-enable it.
Generate traffic by pinging the remote router.
Use CHAP to ensure compatibility with the remote router.
50. A network administrator determines that falsified routing information is propagating through the network. What action can be used to address this threat?
Update the IOS images.
Change console passwords.
Employ end-user authentication.
Configure routing protocol authentication.
51. What is tunneling?
using digital certificates to ensure that data endpoints are authentic
creating a hash to ensure the integrity of data as it traverses a network
using alternate paths to avoid access control lists and bypass security measures
encapsulating an entire packet within another packet for transmission over a network
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator has been asked to configure PPP with CHAP authentication over the serial link between routers R1 and R2. What additional configuration should be included on both routers to complete the task?Refer to the exhibit A network administrator has issued the commands that are shown on Router1 and Router2 A later review of the routing tables reveals that neither router is learning the LAN network of the neighbor router What is most likely the problem , What is the result when the command permit tcp 10 25 132 0 0 0 0 255 any eq smtp is added to a named access control list and applied on the inbound interface of a router?, A network administrator determines that falsified routing information is propagating through the network What action can be used to address this threat?, What major benefit does Cisco HDLC provide that ISO standard HDLC lacks?, Which important piece of troubleshooting information can be discovered about a serial interface using the show controllers command?, While troubleshooting a PPP link that uses PAP authentication a network administrator notices an incorrectly configured password in the running configuration The administrator corrects the error by entering the command ppp pap sent-username ROUTER_NAME pa, An administrator issues the command confreg 0x2142 at the rommon 1> prompt What is the effect when this router is rebooted?, ccna 4 final exam 2012, Refer to the exhibit Computers on the internal network need access to all servers in the external network The only traffic that is permitted from the external network must be responses to requests that are initiated on the internal network Which security , What major benefit does Cisco HDLC provide that ISO standard HDLC lacks