1. A wireless client is attempting to establish a connection with a wireless access point. What process does the client use to discover the access points which are available to it?
Refer to the exhibit. Each switch is shown with its MAC address. Which switch will be elected as the spanning-tree root bridge if the switches are configured with their default priority values?
1. What are two characteristics of DSL technology? (Choose two.)
Uploads typically offer larger transfer rates than downloads.
Service providers deploy DSL in the local loop of the telephone network.
DSL download rates are reduced by large volumes of POTS voice traffic.
Filters and splitters allow POTS and DSL traffic to share the same medium.
DSL is a shared medium that allows many users to share bandwidth available from the DSLAM.
Refer to the exhibit. What is the effect of the extended ACL when applied inbound on the S0/0/0 interface on R2?
All IP traffic will be permitted during the specified days and time range.
Both IP and Telnet traffic will be permitted during the specified days and time range.
Only Telnet traffic destined for 172.16.10.0/24 will be permitted during the specified days and time range.
Telnet traffic will be permitted only during the specified days and time range. All other network traffic will be permitted any time.
1. Which OSI layers offers reliable, connection-oriented data communication services?
Refer to the exhibit. The host was disconnected from switch 2 and connected to switch 1. Which combination of IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway should be assigned to this host to allow it to function in the network?
IP address: 10.10.9.37 Subnet mask: 255.255.255.240 Default gateway: 10.10.9.35
IP address: 10.10.9.37 Subnet mask: 255.255.255.224 Default gateway: 10.10.9.35
IP address: 10.10.9.29 Subnet mask: 255.255.255.248 Default gateway: 10.10.9.35
IP address: 10.10.9.32 Subnet mask: 255.255.255.224 Default gateway: 10.10.9.35
IP address: 10.10.9.37 Subnet mask: 255.255.255.224 Default gateway: 188.8.131.52
IP address: 10.10.9.63 Subnet mask: 255.255.255.224 Default gateway: 10.10.9.35
1. Which functions are provided by LCP and NCP as part of the PPP layered architecture?
LCP sets up the PPP connection and its parameters. NCP terminates the PPP connection.
LCP sets up the PPP connection and its parameters. NCP handles higher layer protocol configurations.
LCP includes the link-establishment phase. NCP includes link-maintenance and link-termination phases.
LCP negotiates options for multiple network layer protocols. NCP agrees automatically on encapsulation formats.
Refer to the exhibit. EIGRP has been configured on routers R1 and R2. Connectivity across the Frame Relay switch between routers R1 and R2 is successfully verified using the ping command. However, no EIGRP routes are appearing in the routing table. What could be a cause for this failure?
The Frame Relay switch has failed.
The frame-relay map statement is incorrect.
The S0/0/0 interface of router R1 is administratively down.
The S0/0/0 interface of router R2 has an incorrect IP address.
1. Which Frame Relay flow control mechanism is used to signal routers that they should reduce the flow rate of frames?
2. An administrator is configuring a dual stack router with IPv6 and IPv4 using RIPng. The administrator receives an error message when trying to enter the IPv4 routes into RIPng. What is the cause of the problem?
When IPv4 and IPv6 are configured on the same interface, all IPv4 addresses are over-written in favor of the newer technology.
Incorrect IPv4 addresses are entered on the router interfaces.
RIPng is incompatible with dual-stack technology.
IPv4 is incompatible with RIPng.