DHomesb Chapter 4 – CCNA Discovery: Networking for Home and Small Businesses (Version 4.0)
1. What are three commonly followed standards for constructing and installing cabling? (Choose three.)
cost per meter (foot)
tensile strength of plastic insulator
2. Which two places are most appropriate to use UTP cabling? (Choose two.)
in a home office network
where EMI is an issue
in a cable TV network
inside a school building
in a manufacturing environment with hundreds of electrical devices
DHomesb Chapter 3 – CCNA Discovery: Networking for Home and Small Businesses (Version 4.0)
1. Host A needs to learn the MAC address of Host B, which is on the same LAN segment. A message has been sent to all the hosts on the segment asking for the MAC address of Host B. Host B responds with its MAC address and all other hosts disregard the request. What protocol was used in this scenario?
2. Which two statements concerning networking standards are true? (Choose two.)
adds complexity to networks
encourages vendors to create proprietary protocols
provides consistent interconnections across networks
ensures that communications work best in a single-vendor environment
simplifies new product development
DHomesb Chapter 2 – CCNA Discovery: Networking for Home and Small Businesses (Version 4.0)
1. A computer in the Advanced Technology Center computer room on the second floor, room number 217, has the computer name ATC_217_7. What fact is true about the computer name?
The name is dynamically assigned by the DNS server.
The name is required to allow connectivity to the DHCP server.
The name must include the floor number to support the SLA agreement.
The names of all devices in a workgroup must be the same to allow LAN connectivity.
The name makes it easier for users to reference the device when connecting to it to share resources.
2. Which three pieces of information must be specified on a computer to allow that computer to send and receive information across networks? (Choose three.)
network card manufacturer
DHomesb Chapter 1 – CCNA Discovery: Networking for Home and Small Businesses (Version 4.0)
1. Administrators at a multicampus college need access to their schedules wherever the administrators go. Which computing device would be the most appropriate?
2. Which component is designed to remove high-voltage spikes and surges from a power line so that they do not damage a computer system?
1. Which two statements are true for link-state routing protocols? (Choose two.)
Routers that run a link-state protocol can establish a complete topology of the network.
Routers in a multipoint network that run a link-state protocol can exchange routing tables.
Routers use only hop count for routing decisions.
The shortest path first algorithm is used.
Split horizon is used to avoid routing loops.
Refer to the exhibit. RouterA and RouterB cannot successfully exchange EIGRP routes. What is the problem?
The hello intervals do not match.
The autonomous system numbers do not match.
The no auto-summary command is missing from both routers.
The ip bandwidth-percent command is missing from RouterB.