DsmbISP Chapter 4 – CCNA Discovery: Working at a Small-to-Medium Business or ISP (Version 4.1)
1. Which two statements describe classful IP addresses? (Choose two.)
It is possible to determine which class an address belongs to by reading the first bit.
The number of bits used to identify the hosts is fixed by the class of the network.
Only Class A addresses can be represented by high-order bits 100.
Up to 24 bits can make up the host portion of a Class C address.
Up to 24 bits can be used to identify unique networks.
Three of the five classes of addresses are reserved for multicasts and experimental use.
2. IPv6 increases the IP address size from 32 bits to how many bits?
DsmbISP Chapter 3 – CCNA Discovery: Working at a Small-to-Medium Business or ISP (Version 4.1)
1. Which type of cable has a solid copper core with several protective layers including PVC, braided wire shielding, and a plastic covering?
2. What is the benefit for a company to use an ISR router?
An ISR provides the functionality of a switch, router, and firewall in one device.
ISRs use a PC operating system for routing traffic, thus simplifying configuration and management.
An ISR is immune to security attacks by hackers and so replaces all other network security measures.
ISRs make routing decisions at OSI Layer 7, thus providing more intelligence to the network than do other routers.
DsmbISP Chapter 2 – CCNA Discovery: Working at a Small-to-Medium Business or ISP (Version 4.1)
1. Which device is responsible for moving packets between multiple network segments?
2. Which two router parameters can be set from interface configuration mode? (Choose two.)
enable secret password
1. Which network support services team identifies whether the client site has existing network hardware and circuits installed?
planning and provisioning
2. Which network utility helps determine the location of network problems and identifies routers that packets travel across?
DHomesb Final Exam – CCNA Discovery: Networking for Home and Small Businesses (Version 4.0)
1. What is a function of the distribution layer in the hierarchical design model?
to provide latency free switching
to organize end devices in small manageable groups
to provide connectivity using the high-speed backbone
to provide connectivity between smaller local networks
2. Under what circumstance would it be appropriate to use private IP addresses?
for communication between two ISPs
for a network that is directly connected to the Internet
for addresses that are used exclusively within an organization.
for a host with more than one direct connection to the Internet