1. A router has an Ethernet, Token Ring, serial, and ISDN interface. Which interfaces will have a MAC address?
serial and ISDN interfaces
Ethernet and Token Ring interfaces
Ethernet and ISDN interfaces
Token Ring and serial interfaces
Refer to the exhibit. A technician wants to increase the available bandwidth for the workstation by allowing the switch and the NIC on the workstation to transmit and receive simultaneously. What will permit this?
1. Which of the following are benefits of peer-to-peer networks? (Choose three.)
easy to create
no centralized equipment required
centralized administrator not required
centralized control of assets
2. What is the most common type of cabling used in LANs?
1. What factors need to be considered to limit the amount of signal attenuation in Ethernet cable runs? (Choose two.)
type of users
number of users
length of cable
type of electrical equipment
installation of connectors on the cable
2. A company needs to extend the LAN to six separate buildings. To limit the amount of signal attenuation on the LAN media, what type of media would be the best to use between the buildings?
shielded twisted pair
unshielded twisted pair
1. What factors should be considered when selecting the appropriate cable for connecting a PC to a network? (Choose two.)
type of system bus
distance of cable run
speed of transmission
2. What are two advantages of using UTP cable in a networking environment? (Choose two.)
is stiffer than STP
is less expensive than fiber
is easier to install than coaxial
provides longer distances than coaxial provides
is less susceptible to outside noise sources than fiber is
1. What is the term used to describe the transport layer protocol data unit?
2. Refer to the following list. Choose the correct order of data encapsulation when a device sends information.
1 – 3 – 5 – 4 – 2
2 – 1 – 3 – 5 – 4
2 – 4 – 3 – 5 – 1
4 – 3 – 1 – 2 – 5
4 – 1 – 3 – 5 – 2
3 – 5 – 1 – 2 – 4