CCNA Discovery 3 Chapter 4 V4.0 Answers
DRSEnt Chapter 4 – CCNA Discovery: Introducing Routing and Switching in the Enterprise (Version 4.0)
1. What are two benefits of implementing a VLSM addressing scheme? (Choose two.)
allows efficient use of address space
supports hierarchical addressing capability
supports only one subnet mask length throughout the entire network
allows efficient use of larger routing tables to eliminate the need for route summarization
solves the problem of discontiguous networks with classful routing protocols
2. When running NAT, what is the purpose of address overloading?
limit the number of hosts that can connect to the WAN
allow multiple inside addresses to share a single global address
force hosts to wait for an available address
allow an outside host to share inside global addresses
3. Which two IP addresses represent the network and broadcast addresses for the network that includes host 192.168.100.130/27? (Choose two.)
4. What two advantages does CIDR provide to a network? (Choose two.)
reduced routing table size
dynamic address assignment
automatic route redistribution
reduced routing update traffic
automatic summarization at classful boundaries
5. What range of networks are summarized by the address and mask, 192.168.32.0/19?
192.168.0.0/24 - 192.168.32.0/24
192.168.0.0/24 - 192.168.31.0/24
192.168.32.0/24 – 192.168.64.0/24
192.168.32.0/24 – 192.168.63.0/24
6. What is a characteristic of a classful routing protocol on the network?
All subnets are seen by all routers.
CIDR addresses are advertised.
A subnet can be further subnetted down and advertised correctly.
Updates received by a router in a different major network have the default mask applied.
7. A network administrator is asked to design a new addressing scheme for a corporate network. Presently, there are 500 users at the head office, 200 users at sales, 425 at manufacturing, and 50 at the research site. Which statement defines the correct VLSM addressing map with minimal waste using the 172.16.0.0/16 network?
172.16.0.0/20 head office
172.16.48.0/19 head office
172.16.0.0/23 head office
172.16.2.0/22 head office
Refer to the exhibit. Which two are valid VLSM network addresses for the serial link between Router1 and Router2? (Choose two.)
Refer to the exhibit. Based on the output of the show ip nat translations command, which kind of address translation is in effect on this router?
10. A network engineer is implementing a network design using VLSM for network 192.168.1.0/24. After subnetting the network, the engineer has decided to take one of the subnets, 192.168.1.16/28 and subnet it further to provide for point-to-point serial link addresses. What is the maximum number of subnets that can be created from the 192.168.1.16/28 subnet for serial connections?
11. How many addresses will be available for dynamic NAT translation when a router is configured with the following commands?
Router(config)#ip nat pool TAME 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52 netmask 255.255.255.224
Router(config)#ip nat inside source list 9 pool TAME
Refer to the exhibit. All networks that are shown have a /24 prefix. Assuming that all routes have been discovered by all routers in the network, which address will successfully summarize only the networks that are shown?
13. What two pieces of information can be determined from the host IP address of 192.168.2.93/29? (Choose two.)
The number of bits borrowed for the subnetwork is 5.
The number of usable hosts for each subnetwork is 14.
The /29 translates to a subnet mask of 255.255.255.248.
The network address for this host is 192.168.2.80/29.
The broadcast address for this network is 192.168.2.94/29.
Refer to the exhibit. Host A is assigned an IP address of 10.118.197.55/20. How many additional networked devices will this subnetwork support?
15. When configuring NAT on a Cisco router, what is the inside local IP address?
the IP address of an inside host as it appears to the outside network
the IP address of an outside host as it appears to the inside network
the IP address of an inside host as it appears to the inside network
the configured IP address assigned to a host in the outside network
16. Which two addresses could be used as private IP addresses in a LAN? (Choose two.)
17. How does a router keep track of which inside local address is used when NAT overload is configured?
The router adds an additional bit to the source IP address and maintains a separate table.
The router modifies the QoS field.
The router uses TCP or UDP port numbers.
The router uses a manual entry that is created and maintained in the database of the router.
Refer to the graphic. A technician is investigating why H1 and H2 cannot communicate. What problem should the technician discover?
Sw1 has an incorrect default gateway.
H1 and H2 are on different subnetworks.
Sw1 needs an IP address assigned in the same subnetwork.
The H2 IP address should be changed to 192.168.22.34/28.
Refer to the exhibit. Which address is an inside global address?
Refer to the exhibit. What solution would solve the discontiguous network problem and prevent the routers from advertising misleading networks?
Turn automatic summarization off and manually summarize the routes at the classful boundary.
Allow automatic summarization to send the most optimal route.
Change the routing protocol to a classless routing protocol, such as RIPv1.
Change the LAN addressing schemes on R2 and R3 to use VLSM since it supports discontiguous networks.
Refer to the exhibit. Which two IP addresses could be assigned to the hosts that are shown in the exhibit? (Choose two.)
22. Which two statements differentiate between flat and hierarchical networks? (Choose two.)
In a hierarchical design, the network consists of all Layer 2 devices.
In a hierarchical design, a network consists of a single broadcast domain.
In a flat network, all hosts can be reached without having to pass through a router.
In a flat network, hosts using multiple broadcast domains pass through routers.
In a hierarchical design, a network is divided into layers to reduce congestion and the size of failure domains.
23. A network technician has been asked to implement a hierarchical addressing scheme. Which two statements could describe the hierarchical addressing scheme structure to the technician? (Choose two.)
A hierarchical addressing structure logically groups networks into smaller subnetworks.
A hierarchical network operates most efficiently without a specific address structure.
Route summarization will operate efficiently in a hierarchical network without a hierarchical addressing scheme.
A hierarchical addressing structure can simplify network management and improve scalability.
An effective hierarchical addressing scheme must begin with a classful network at the distribution layer.