CCNA Discovery 3 Chapter 3 V4.0 Answers
DRSEnt Chapter 3 – CCNA Discovery: Introducing Routing and Switching in the Enterprise (Version 4.0)
1. Which statement describes a difference between STP and RSTP?
RSTP is proprietary while STP is defined by IEEE.
RSTP defines four port states while STP defines five port states.
When a topology changes, RSTP reconfigures the spanning tree in less than 1 second.
STP is more commonly used in large switched enterprise networks that require faster recovery.
2. In an enterprise network, why would voice traffic typically require a dedicated VLAN?
It guarantees end-to-end delivery for voice traffic.
It guarantees higher bandwidth for voice traffic.
It separates voice traffic from data traffic so data traffic does not impact voice traffic.
It provides backup support for voice traffic because voice traffic is more critical than data traffic.
3. Refer to the exhibit. Which statement is true about the network traffic flow on this switch?
All PCs that are connected to this switch will be able to communicate with each other as long as they belong to the same IP network.
A PC that is connected to port Fa0/2 can communicate with another PC that is connected to Port Fa0/22 if the PCs belong to the same IP network.
A PC that is connected to port Fa0/11 can communicate with another PC that is connected to Port Fa0/20 if the PCs belong to the same IP network.
A PC that is connected to port Fa0/15 can communicate with another PC that is connected to Port Fa0/24 regardless of the IP network to which the PCs belong.
4. Which two characteristics describe a port in the STP blocking state? (Choose two.)
provides port security
displays a steady green light
learns MAC addresses as BPDUs are processed
discards data frames received from the attached segment
5. Which statement describes the function of a VLAN Management Policy Server (VMPS)?
VMPS provides easy organization of static VLAN membership.
VMPS provides flexible dynamic assignments of VLAN membership.
VMPS provides a backup service for static VLAN membership configuration.
VMPS provides the easiest deployment of VLANs regardless of the number of switches involved.
6. Refer to the exhibit. What is the effect of the commands in the exhibit?
There will be no effect unless the command switchport port-security mac-address mac-addr is added.
The first device that is connected to port fa0/6 will be allowed to transmit data. Any other devices that connect to it will shut down the port.
The first device that is connected to port fa0/6 will be allowed to transmit data. The learned MAC will be kept even after the switch is restarted.
The first device that is connected to port fa0/6 will be allowed to transmit data. Any other devices that connect to it will be allowed to transmit data and a warning will be sent to the syslog server.
7. Which statement is true about the port security feature in a Cisco switch?
It disables unused ports.
It filters network traffic based on host MAC addresses.
It executes a shutdown on the port, based on Layer 4 port numbers.
It disables Telnet traffic because the username and password are transmitted in plain text.
8. Refer to the exhibit. Switch1 is not participating in the VTP management process with the other switches. Which two are possible reasons for this? (Choose two.)
Switch2 is in transparent mode.
Switch1 is in client mode.
Switch1 is using VTP version 1 and Switch2 is using VTP version 2.
Switch2 is in server mode.
Switch1 is in a different management domain.
Switch1 has no VLANs.
9. Refer to the exhibit. The switches are connected with trunks within the same VTP management domain. Each switch is labeled with its VTP mode. A new VLAN is added to Switch3. This VLAN does not show up on the other switches. What is the reason for this?
VLANs cannot be created on transparent mode switches.
Server mode switches neither listen to nor forward VTP messages from transparent mode switches.
VLANs created on transparent mode switches are not included in VTP advertisements.
There are no ports assigned to the new VLAN on the other switches.
Transparent mode switches do not forward VTP advertisements.
10. Refer to the exhibit. A router is configured to connect to a trunked uplink of a switch. A packet is received on the FastEthernet 0/1 physical interface from VLAN 10 with a destination address of 192.168.1.120. What will the router do with this packet?
forward the packet out interface FastEthernet 0/1.1 tagged for VLAN 10
forward the packet out interface FastEthernet 0/1.2 tagged for VLAN 60
forward the packet out interface FastEthernet 0/1.3 tagged for VLAN 120
not process the packet (because the source and destination are on the same subnet)
drop the packet (because no network that includes the source address is attached to the router)
11. Using STP, how long does it take for a switch port to go from the blocking state to the forwarding state?
12. Refer to the exhibit. What two conclusions can be drawn from the information that is shown in the exhibit? (Choose two.)
All ports that are listed in the exhibit are access ports.
ARP requests from Host1 will be forwarded to Host2.
Attaching Host1 to port 11 will automatically allow communication between both hosts.
The default gateway for each host must be changed to 192.168.3.250/28 to allow communication between both hosts.
A router connected to the switch is needed to forward traffic between the hosts.
13. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator noticed that the VLAN configuration changes at SW2 did not propagate to SW3. On the basis of the partial output of the show vtp status command, what is the possible cause of the problem?
VTP V2 mode is disabled.
SW3 is configured as transparent mode.
The number of existing VLANs does not match.
The configuration revision number does not match.
14. Which two items are contained within a BPDU? (Choose two.)
identity of the default gateway
number of ports blocked by STP
identity of the root bridge
identity of the source port
VTP domain name
15. A router has two serial interfaces and two Fast Ethernet interfaces. This router must be connected to a WAN link and to a switch that supports four VLANs. How can this be accomplished in the most efficient and cost-effective manner to support inter-VLAN routing between the four VLANs?
Connect a smaller router to the serial interface to handle the inter-VLAN traffic.
Add two additional Fast Ethernet interfaces to the router to allow one VLAN per interface.
Connect a trunked uplink from the switch to one Fast Ethernet interface on the router and create logical subinterfaces for each VLAN.
Use serial-to-Fast Ethernet transceivers to connect two of the VLANs to the serial ports on the router. Support the other two VLANs directly to the available FastEthernet ports.
16. Which three must be used when a router interface is configured for VLAN trunking? (Choose three.)
one subinterface per VLAN
one physical interface for each subinterface
one IP network or subnetwork for each subinterface
one trunked link per VLAN
a management domain for each subinterface
a compatible trunking protocol encapsulation for each subinterface
17. What is the purpose of VTP?
maintaining consistency in VLAN configuration across the network
routing frames from one VLAN to another
routing the frames along the best path between switches
tagging user data frames with VLAN membership information
distributing BPDUs to maintain loop-free switched paths
18. Which two criteria are used by STP to select a root bridge? (Choose two.)
number of ports
base MAC address
19. Refer to the exhibit. The switches are interconnected by trunked links and are configured for VTP as shown. A new VLAN is added to Switch1. Which three actions will occur? (Choose three.)
Switch1 will not add the VLAN to its database and will pass the update to Switch 2.
Switch2 will add the VLAN to its database and pass the update to Switch3.
Switch3 will pass the VTP update to Switch4.
Switch3 will add the VLAN to its database.
Switch4 will add the VLAN to its database.
Switch4 will not receive the update.
20. Which two items will prevent broadcasts from being sent throughout the network? (Choose two.)
21. When are MAC addresses removed from the CAM table?
at regular 30 second intervals
when a broadcast packet is received
when the IP Address of a host is changed
after they have been idle for a certain period of time
22. Which statement best describes adaptive cut-through switching?
The switch initially forwards all traffic using cut-through switching and then changes to store-and-forward switching if errors exceed a threshold value.
The switch initially forwards all traffic using cut-through switching and then changes to fast-forward switching if errors exceed a threshold value.
The switch initially forwards all traffic using cut-through switching and then temporarily disables the port if errors exceed a threshold value.
The switch initially forwards all traffic using store-and-forward switching and then changes to cut-through switching if errors exceed a threshold value.
23. Which Catalyst switch feature causes an access port to enter the spanning-tree forwarding state immediately?
rapid spanning tree
24. What is the first step in the process of convergence in a spanning tree topology?
election of the root bridge
determination of the designated port for each segment
blocking of the non-designated ports
selection of the designated trunk port
activation of the root port for each segment
25. In which STP state does a switch port transmit user data and learn MAC addresses?