DRSEnt Chapter 1 – CCNA Discovery: Introducing Routing and Switching in the Enterprise (Version 4.0)
1. The ABC Corporation implements the network for its new headquarters using the Cisco Enterprise Architecture. The network administrator wants to filter the traffic from and to the outside world. Where should the administrator deploy a firewall device?
service provider edge
2. How does a VPN work to support remote user productivity?
It uses SSL to encrypt remote user logins to the corporate intranet.
It uses secure Telnet for remote user connections to internal network devices.
It creates a virtual circuit that allows real-time communications between any two Internet endpoints.
It uses encapsulation to create a secure tunnel for transmission of data across non-secure networks.
3. In which functional area of the Cisco Enterprise Architecture should IDS and IPS be located to detect and prevent malicious activity from outside?
WAN and Internet
service provider edge
4. Which functional component of the Cisco Enterprise Architecture is responsible for hosting internal servers?
service provider edge
5. What does VoIP provide to telecommuters?
high-quality, live-video presentations
real-time voice communications over the Internet
ability to share desktop applications simultaneously
secure, encrypted data transmissions through the Internet
6. What are two important guidelines when using packet sniffers to determine traffic flow patterns? (Choose two.)
Capture only traffic from a single application at a time.
Perform the capture on several different network segments.
Create a baseline capture during a low or non-utilization period.
Relocate highly active servers before attempting the capture.
Capture traffic during peak utilization times.
7. What is the purpose of the Cisco Enterprise Architecture?
remove the three-layer hierarchical model and use a flat network approach
divide the network into functional components while still maintaining the concept of Core, Distribution, and Access Layers
provide services and functionality to the core layer by grouping various components into a single component located in the access layer
reduce overall network traffic by grouping server farms, the management server, corporate intranet, and e-commerce routers in the same layer
8. Which three items can be discovered by using a packet sniffer application? (Choose three.)
network transmission speed
source IP address
Ethernet frame type
duplex operational status
near-end crosstalk (NEXT) level
TCP sequence number
9. Which two statements are reasons why UDP is used for voice and video traffic instead of TCP? (Choose two.)
TCP requires all data packets to be delivered for the data to be usable.
The acknowledgment process of TCP introduces delays that break the streams of data.
UDP does not have mechanisms for retransmitting lost packets.
UDP tolerates delays and compensates for them.
TCP is a connectionless protocol that provides end-to-end reliability.
UDP is a connection-oriented protocol that provides end-to-end reliability.
10. What is a benefit of having an extranet?
It provides web-like access to company information for employees only.
It limits access to corporate information to secure VPN or remote access connections only.
It allows customers and partners to access company information by connecting to a public web server.
It allows suppliers and contractors to access confidential internal information using controlled external connections.
11. Which protocol and process could be implemented on a network to ensure that a telecommuter can attend a training presentation via the use of VoIP and still experience uninterrupted data streams and quality conversations?
TCP and QoS
UDP and QoS
TCP and queuing
UDP and VPN
TCP and VPN
12. Which two measures help ensure that a hardware problem does not cause an outage in an enterprise LAN that supports mission critical services? (Choose two.)
providing failover capability
installing redundant power supplies
purchasing more bandwidth from the ISP
enabling half-duplex connectivity to access layer devices
installing routers that can handle a greater amount of throughput
13. What are two benefits of controlling the flow of traffic in an enterprise network? (Choose two.)
smaller failure domains
more reliable transaction processing
local control of network services
14. Why is TCP the preferred Layer 4 protocol for transmitting data files?
TCP is more reliable than UDP because it requires lost packets to be retransmitted.
TCP requires less processing by the source and destination hosts than UDP.
UDP introduces delays that degrade the quality of the data applications.
TCP ensures fast delivery because it does not require sequencing or acknowledgements.
15. A remote user needs to access a networking device on the internal network of the company. The transactions between the remote user and the device must be secure. Which protocol enables this to happen securely?
16. Which statement describes the difference between an enterprise WAN and an enterprise extranet?
An enterprise WAN is designed to interconnect local LANs, while an enterprise extranet is designed to interconnect remote branch offices.
An enterprise WAN is designed to interconnect branch offices, while an enterprise extranet is designed to give access to external business partners.
An enterprise WAN is designed to provide remote access for its teleworkers, while an enterprise extranet is designed to provide Internet connectivity for the enterprise.
An enterprise WAN is designed to provide Internet connectivity for the enterprise, while an enterprise extranet is designed to provide remote access to the enterprise network for teleworkers.
17. What are two benefits to an employee of teleworking? (Choose two.)
reduced commuting costs
reduced network complexity
reduced need for support staff
reduced need for expensive business attire
reduced security risks to the network infrastructure
18. What are two important characteristics or functions of devices at the Enterprise Edge? (Choose two.)
providing Internet, telephone, and WAN services to the enterprise network
providing a connection point for end-user devices to the enterprise network
providing high-speed backbone connectivity with redundant connections
providing intrusion detection and intrusion prevention to protect the network against malicious activity
providing packet inspection to determine if incoming packets should be allowed on the enterprise network
19. What can be found at the enterprise edge?
Internet, VPN, and WAN modules
Internet, PSTN, and WAN services
server farms and network management
campus infrastructure, including access layer devices
20. What type of traffic flow is always considered to be external?
file sharing traffic
Internet bound traffic
21. A business consultant must use Internet websites to research a report on the e-business strategies of several firms and then electronically deliver the report to a group of clients in cities throughout the world. Which two teleworker tools can the consultant use to accomplish this project? (Choose two.)
22. What is the main purpose of the Access Layer in a hierarchically designed network?
performs routing and packet manipulation
supplies redundancy and failover protection
provides a high-speed, low-latency backbone
serves as a network connection point for end-user devices
23. Which task would typically only require services located at the access layer of the hierarchical design model?
connecting to the corporate web server to update sales figures
using a VPN from home to send data to the main office servers
printing a meeting agenda on a local departmental network printer
placing a VoIP call to a business associate in another country
responding to an e-mail from a co-worker in another department
24. Which two solutions would an enterprise IT department use to facilitate secure intranet access for remote workers? (Choose two.)
client firewall software
packet sniffingA business consultant must use Internet websites to research a report on the e-business strategies of several firms and then electronically deliver the report to a group of clients in cities throughout the world Which two teleworker tools can the consulta, What are two important guidelines when using packet sniffers to determine traffic flow patterns? (Choose two ), ccna 3 chapter 1 answers 2013, drsent chapter 1 - ccna discovery answers, discovery 3 chapter 1, which functional component of the cisco enterprise architecture is responsible for hosting internal servers?, ccna discovery 3 - chapter 1 exam answers version 4 0, drsent chapter 1 answers, discovery 3 chapter 1 answers, What is the purpose of the Cisco Enterprise Architecture?