DHomesb Chapter 7 – CCNA Discovery: Networking for Home and Small Businesses (Version 4.0)
1. What are two authentication methods that an access point could use? (Choose two.)
2. What term describes the encoding of wireless data to prevent intercepted data from being read by a hacker?
3. A technician has been asked to provide wireless connectivity to the wired Ethernet network of a building. Which three factors affect the number of access points needed? (Choose three.)
the size of the building
the number of solid interior walls in the building
the presence of microwave ovens in several offices
the encryption method used on the wireless network
the use of both Windows and Appletalk operating systems
the use of shortwave or infrared on the AP
4. Why is security so important in wireless networks?
Wireless networks are typically slower than wired networks.
Televisions and other devices can interfere with wireless signals.
Wireless networks broadcast data over a medium that allows easy access.
Environmental factors such as thunderstorms can affect wireless networks.
5. Which WLAN component is commonly referred to as an STA?
6. What type of authentication does an access point use by default?
7. What is the difference between using open authentication and pre-shared keys?
Open authentication requires a password. Pre-shared keys do not require a password.
Open authentication is used with wireless networks. Pre-shared keys are used with wired networks.
Pre-shared keys require an encrypted secret word. Open authentication does not require a secret word.
Pre-shared keys require a MAC address programmed into the access point. Open authentication does not require this programming.
8. What are three advantages of wireless over wired technology? (Choose three.)
anytime, anywhere connectivity
easy and inexpensive to install
ease of using licensed air space
ease of adding additional devices
9. Which statement is true concerning wireless bridges?
connects two networks with a wireless link
stationary device that connects to a wireless LAN
allows wireless clients to connect to a wired network
increases the strength of a wireless signal
10. Which statement is true concerning an ad-hoc wireless network?
created by connecting wireless clients in a peer-to-peer network
created by connecting wireless clients to a single, centralized AP
created by connecting multiple wireless basic service sets through a distribution system
created by connecting wireless clients to a wired network using an ISR
11. Which two statements about a service set identifier (SSID) are true? (Choose two.)
tells a wireless device to which WLAN it belongs
consists of a 32-character string and is not case sensitive
responsible for determining the signal strength
all wireless devices on the same WLAN must have the same SSID
used to encrypt data sent across the wireless network
12. What access-point feature allows a network administrator to define what type of data can enter the wireless network?
MAC address filtering
13. What are the two WEP key lengths? (Choose two.)
14. Complete the following sentence: WEP is used to ______ , and EAP is used to _____ wireless networks.
encrypt; authenticate users on
filter traffic; select the operating frequency for
identify the wireless network; compress data on
create the smallest wireless network; limit the number of users on
15. Why is IEEE 802.11 wireless technology able to transmit further distances than Bluetooth technology?
transmits at much lower frequencies
has higher power output
transmits at much higher frequencies
uses better encryption methods
16. What are two benefits of wireless networking over wired networking? (Choose two.)
reduced installation time
allows users to share more resources
not susceptible to interference from other devices
17. What does the Wi-Fi logo indicate about a wireless device?
IEEE has approved the device.
The device is interoperable with all other wireless standards.
The device is interoperable with other devices of the same standard that also display the Wi-Fi logo.
The device is backwards compatible with all previous wireless standards.
Refer to the graphic. In the Wireless menu option of a Linksys integrated router, what does the Network Mode option Mixed mean?
The router supports encryption and authentication.
The router supports both wired and wireless connections.
The router supports 802.11b, 802.11g, and 802.11n devices.
The router supports connectivity through infrared and radio frequencies
Refer to the graphic. In the Wireless menu of a Linksys integrated router, what configuration option allows the presence of the access point to be known to nearby clients?
Network Name (SSID)
20. Which two statements characterize wireless network security? (Choose two.)
Wireless networks offer the same security features as wired networks.
Wardriving enhances security of wireless networks.
With SSID broadcast disabled, an attacker must know the SSID to connect.
Using the default IP address on an access point makes hacking easier.
An attacker needs physical access to at least one network device to launch an attack
21. Which statement is true about open authentication when it is enabled on an access point?
requires no authentication
uses a 64-bit encryption algorithm
requires the use of an authentication server
requires a mutually agreed upon passwordccna discovery 1 chapter 7 answers, ccna discovery chapter 7 answers, ccna discovery 1 chapter 7, DHomesb Chapter 7, ccna chapter 7 answers 2012, cisco discovery 1 chapter 7 answers, ccna discovery chapter 7, ccna 1 chapter 7 answers 2012, ccna 1 chapter 7 exam answers 2012, discovery 2 chapter 7 answers