DHomesb Chapter 1 – CCNA Discovery: Networking for Home and Small Businesses (Version 4.0)
1. Administrators at a multicampus college need access to their schedules wherever the administrators go. Which computing device would be the most appropriate?
2. Which component is designed to remove high-voltage spikes and surges from a power line so that they do not damage a computer system?
3. What is the main storage drive used by servers, desktops, and laptops?
optical drive (DVD)
floppy disk drive
4. What measurement is commonly associated with computer processing speed?
5. How is a server different from a workstation computer?
The server works as a standalone computer.
The server provides services to clients.
The workstation has fewer applications installed.
The workstation has more users who attach to it.
6. What characteristic of word processing software would make it a local application?
The application is shared between users.
The software is stored on the local hard drive.
The software is accessible through a web page.
The software has the ability to manipulate text and graphics.
7. What two functions does a UPS provide that a surge protector does not? (Choose two.)
It protects the computer from voltage surges.
It provides backup power from an internal battery.
It protects the computer from sudden voltage spikes.
It gives the user time to phone the electrical company.
It gives the user time to safely shut down the computer if the power fails.
It provides backup power through a generator provided by the wall outlet.
8. Because of the potentially dangerous voltage levels, which two devices should you not open unless you have been specifically trained to work on them? (Choose two.)
9. A user reports that a peripheral device that was installed correctly last week has not been functioning since the PC was booted today. All other PC functions are working properly. What are three things a service technician should do to solve the problem? (Choose three.)
Use the testing functionality on the peripheral itself, if available.
Verify that all cables are connected properly.
Disconnect all cables connected to the computer except those connected to the peripheral.
Ensure that the peripheral is powered on.
Disconnect the peripheral and verify that the computer is operating normally.
Reload the computer operating system.
10. Applications can be grouped into general use software or industry specific software. What are two examples of industry specific software? (Choose two.)
an educational tool
medical practice management software
11. Which computer component is considered the nerve center of the computer system and is responsible for processing all of the data within the machine?
12. What are two advantages of purchasing a preassembled computer? (Choose two.)
usually a lower cost
exact components may be specified
extended waiting period for assembly
adequate for performing most general applications
suited for customers with special needs
13. Which two steps should be performed when installing a peripheral device? (Choose two.)
Download and install the most current driver.
Connect the peripheral using any cable and any available port on the computer.
Connect the peripheral using an appropriate cable or wireless connection.
Test the peripheral on another machine before installing it on the one where it will be used.
Check the computer documentation to see if the peripheral vendor is compatible with the PC vendor.
14. Which adapter enables a computer system to exchange information with other systems on a local network?
network interface card
15. How many unique values are possible using a single binary digit?
16. What can be used to prevent electrostatic discharge (ESD)?
dry and non humid conditions
uncluttered work space
17. Which three terms describe different types of computers? (Choose three.)
18. A user plans to run multiple applications simultaneously on a computer. Which computer component is essential to accomplish this?
19. In newer operating systems, how are system resources assigned by default when components are installed?
manually assigned by the operating system
manually assigned by the administrator
statically assigned by the component to a preset resource
dynamically assigned between the component and the operating system
20. Why do servers often contain duplicate or redundant parts?
Servers require more power and thus require more components.
Servers should be accessible at all times.
Servers can be designed as standalone towers or rack mounted.
Servers are required by networking standards to have duplicate parts.
21. What are two benefits of connecting a laptop computer to a docking station? (Choose two.)
Mobility is increased.
Less power is required.
An external monitor can be used.
More wireless security options are available.
Alternate connectivity options may be available.ccna discovery 2 chapter 1, ccna discovery 1 chapter 1 answers, ccna discovery chapter 1 answers, ccna discovery 1 chapter 1, ccna 1 chapter 10 answers 2012, CCNA Discovery 1 Chapter 1 V4 0 Answers, ccna discovery chapter 1, ccna discovery 4 chapter 1 answers, dhomesb chapter 1, What are two advantages of cable management? (Choose two )